Monday, July 23, 2012

Floral and Lace Jewelry Holder and Wall Art



I first saw this tutorial on Pinterest. I fell in love with it! I thought what a clever and cute way to display jewelry and use as wall art. Here is my version of the lace jewelry holder. I made a mini tutorial for it. 



Here is what you will need. One Embroidery Hoop (your choice of size they come super small and super big), Paint (color that tickles your fancy- I used Acrylic paint),  Fabric, Lace, trimming (I used a rhinestone trim) not pictured- a paint brush, fabric scissors and a hot glue gun.


Paint your Hoop. You only need to paint the outside hoop, but if you prefer (or are doing this without the background fabric, then paint both) 


Fit both the fabric and lace over the inside smaller hoop. Place the larger hoop over all the fabric, and tighten the screw on top. Pull the fabrics from the back, gently, so they are snug and firm. 


Then, I trimmed off all the excess fabric with my fabric scissors. (Make sure you use fabric scissors or really sharp ones so you have a clean edge) You can leave it just like this, if you want. It's super cute as is. But I love sparkle and wanted to add some rhinestone trim to it. 


I used a hot glue gun and went around the hoop slowly adhering the trim. 


Here is how it looks from the side. 


and Viola! A Cute Floral and Lace Jewelry Holder. 


Here is a close up shot- it is great to use as a background for jewelry shots too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment