Sunday, October 23, 2011

Super Easy DIY Nail Polish Wall Rack

DIY Nail Polish Rack Foam Board Easy

This is my Nail Polish Rack. I did it myself with 3 Black Foam Boards, a (sharp) box cutter, hot glue gun, popsicle sticks, gold trim and black acrylic paint. Below is a picture of it without the polishes inside. It holds more than 100 nail polishes. I gave each shelf a lot of room so the taller polishes will also fit. The shelves are deep so you can line up two rows of polish, but that would probably make it too heavy, especially if it is hung on a wall. Mine sits on my makeup desk -for now- bc I haven't really found it a permanent spot. Its a super easy DIY ( Do It Yourself ) project.

The popsicle sticks are glued on to each row to work as a ledge to prevent the nail polishes form slipping off. It also made gluing the trimming on super easy.


Below is a pic of it filled up with my polishes. Not including the Nail Art brush polish, there are approx 95 bottles. I didn't really put them in any specific order, just grouped them by brand. I did put my newest and most used polished on top. The Nail Art Brush Polish just kind of all fell together there at the second to last shelf. 

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this!!! I've been searching for an easy way to organize my polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're most welcomed! Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering if u know how many popsiclr sticks it took? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharpone This took about three Popsicle sticks per row, so for this one pictured it took about 21 sticks. I centered the three in the middle of the row, and had some extra space that was left, I just used the trimming to cover that up. Hope that answers your question, if not feel free to contact me again, I promise I will reply sooner!

    @JBanks21, Im sorry I never saw your post, a thank you is well overdue! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are you "shelves" held on there? Did you just hot glue a piece of the foam board to the back piece???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda, Yes I just hot glued the foam board to the back piece. I made sure to glue it above and the on top and under the "shelf foam board" and up the sides (like the depth of the shelf) to make sure it was sturdy.

    Hopefully that answers your question. If not feel free to contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super pretty! I want to make one too, how big are the foam boards and where did u get them?
    -kassy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the standard sized foam boards....I think it is 20x30. I bought it at Michaels. I have read that it can be found at dollar stores, walmart and basically mostly any arts and crafts store. Let me know if you have any other questions! (I wasn't getting my emails and I just fixed the issue so I'll be sure to respond sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you get the measurements of the side boards, main back, and shelves?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sturdy is this? Is there a risk of the foam breaking under the weight of the polish bottles?

    ReplyDelete