Monday, February 01, 2010

Altered Compact or Pocket Mirrors

All of these mirrors are ONE of a kind.


I used resin for this one. I cut out a circle of Blue Leopard Print paper for the background and sprinkled glitter inside of the resin while mixing it. It's a print that is VERY in right now.


*SOLD* This Lime Green mirror is altered with acrylic paint. I used Mod Podge to adhere and seal the lime green paper background and to adhere the Lime Green Rhinestones.



"Rhinestones All Over Me" I love this one- because it is SO pink! This one was made before I fell in Love with Mod Podge, so I used my Hot Glue Gun to adhere the Rhinestones. It is so much LESS forgiving than the Mod Podge. I like using the MP because if I make a mistake or need to mve the peices around it gives me about a minute to do so! I adhered a plaid background paper in the back- really to cover up the imperfections of the mirror.



Smitten Heart Mirror. I designed this background with Photoshop. I sprinkled glitter along the edges to outline the words Smitten.



Smitten Mirror. I used resin mixed with glitter to seal this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment